Effective Date October 14, 2022 (last updated July 14, 2022)
ABOUT THIS POLICY
When you visit a ALLTEC Angewandte Laserlicht Technologie GmbH website, use our cloud-based services, or mobile applications (collectively “Sites”), we may use one or more tracking tools such as cookies (in any form), tags, web beacons or pixels (collectively “Cookies”). This Cookie Notice (“Notice”) is meant to provide you with a basic introduction to these tracking tools, explain how we use them, and provide you with different ways you can manage your interaction with them to protect your privacy. This Notice does not apply to any third party’s use of your Personal Data for purposes not requested by ALLTEC Angewandte Laserlicht Technologie GmbH. “Personal Data” is any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly an individual or that can be reasonably expected to link to an individual. This can include items such as name, address, telephone number, credit card details, email address, ID number or other identifying code (even absent of other identifying information). For more information on how we process your Personal Data, review our Privacy Notice.
UNDERSTANDING COOKIES AND WHY WE HAVE THEM
Cookies are small data files stored on your internet-enabled device, such as your computer or your phone, and are now standard for most websites. While you are visiting a website, cookies allow the website to store certain types of information about you that the site uses in your browser. When you come back to that same website later, the same information stored by cookies in your browser is sent back to the website. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, help websites work more efficiently and provide the website’s owner with information about the site. They do many different jobs, such as letting you navigate between pages, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your user experience.
Cookies may collect Personal Data (which, in some jurisdictions, would include your internet protocol (IP) address).
There are two general categories of cookies based on the relationship between the cookie owner and the website the cookie is on.
- First Party Cookies: Cookies owned by the owner of the website that you are visiting and served by that same website.
- Third Party Cookies: Cookies owned by someone other than the website owner and the other person is serving you the cookie at the request of the website owner
Additionally, there are a variety of types of cookies. Generally, cookies can be grouped into five types for most websites:
- Necessary Cookies: These are essential for the provision of the site and any requested services, and do not perform any additional or secondary function. For these cookies, we do not ask for your consent, but we do inform you about their presence on our Sites. We use certain cookies that are considered “strictly necessary” for the regular operation and security of our Sites, as well as for the provision of the services and products you request.
- Performance Cookies: These provide statistical information and analytics on site usage.
- Functionality Cookies: These allow the provision of enhanced functionality and personalization, such as videos and live chat. They may be set by the website or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all the enhanced functions may not work properly.
- Advertising / Targeting Cookies: These are used to personalize content to you. They can also be used to create profiles. These are often set by third parties.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies allow the sharing of content on social media channels, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Finally, the cookie durations or length of time a cookie is enabled on your device is split into two categories:
- Session Cookies: These exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser.
- Permanent Cookies: These survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by the website to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again unless you take steps to delete them.
Web Beacons, also known as tracking pixels, are small transparent images used to help us better understand the effectiveness of our content and advertisement, the interests of our visitors, and to improve the experience on the websites. Web beacons do not place information on your device but may work in conjunction with cookies to monitor activity. You have the option to render some Web Beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. The Web Beacon may still record an anonymous visit from your IP address, but cookie information will not be recorded.
ABOUT OUR COOKIES
COOKIES PREFERENCE SET UP
You can set up or change your cookies’ preferences at any time by using our cookies consent tool on our Sites and here
However, some portions of our Sites will not work properly if you choose to do so. For example, if you choose to purchase something through one of our Sites or put in a password to access a restricted area, you will not be able to do so unless the Site can authenticate you through cookies.
Managing Analytics Cookies
You may be able to opt-out of having your anonymized browsing history within our websites or applications recorded by analytics cookies. We use the following service providers and you can learn more about their privacy policies and how to opt-out of their analytics cookies by clicking on the following links:
- Opt Out: http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html
- Opt Out: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Manage Cookies in Popular Browsers
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en
- Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Apple Safari: Manage cookies and website data using Safari (apple.com)
LEARN MORE ABOUT COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TOOLS
For further information about cookies including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
In the U.S. you may also visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page https://optout.networkadvertising.org or the FTC Online Tracking information site https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/how-protect-your-privacy-onlineto learn how to opt-out of third-party, interest-based targeting cookies.
In Europe, you may also visit www.youronlinechoices.eu to exercise choices about certain cookies.
If you have any questions about this Notice or our data practices, you can write to us at:
ALLTEC Angewandte Laserlicht Technologie GmbH
An der Trave 27-31
Alternatively, you can email us directly at email@example.com.
WE MAY UPDATE THIS NOTICE
From time to time we may change our Cookie Notice. We will notify you of any material changes to our Notice as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.